All you need to do is leave a comment on this post telling us your best tip to look after bub or mum (it could be anything - hiding veggies for bub, taking time for a long bath for mum, getting out to run around at your favourite park...). Don't forget share the competition with friends on Facebook, check out the Healthy Mumma Healthy Bubba website and download the free App.
Keep an eye out for more of Holly's recipes too.
Competition opens August 1st 2014 at 6.00am and closes August 31st 2014 at 5.00pm. A random winner will be announced via Facebook and Instagram and notified via email. Competition winner has 48hours to claim prize via reply email or an alternative winner will be drawn. (full T&C's here)
Zucchini & Bacon Slice
6 x Large Free-Range Eggs, whisked
½ Cup Natural/Greek Yoghurt
½ Cup Milk (any Milk variety you desire)
¾ Cup Grated Tasty Cheese
2 x Small Zucchini’s, grated (or 1-1 ½ Large Zucchini’s, grated)
1 x Brown Onion, finely diced
1 x Carrot, grated
8 x Short-Cut Bacon Rashers (fat & rind removed), diced
¾ Cup Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour, sifted
(or ½ Cup Cooked Brown Rice)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan-forced).
- Sift Flour into a large mixing bowl (add wholemeal husks caught in sifter) & set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk Eggs. Then fold through Natural Yoghurt & Milk.
- Now combine this wet mixture with the Flour.
- Lightly grease a LARGE glass/pyrex baking dish (we use 2.8L). Add grated Cheese, Zucchini, Onion, Carrot & chopped Bacon to the dish.
- Now pour wet mixture on top. Mix & “level-out” ingredients with a spatula or spoon (note: consistency should be like a “very thick” muffin mixture ~ not too runny).
- Bake for approx. 45-55 minutes (or until golden & skewer can be removed from centre clean).
- Let cool in baking dish for approx. 5 minutes. Cut into portions & serve with a fresh Salad or steamed Veggies.
Variations: Try steamed or baked Vegetables such as leftover baked Pumpkin with steamed Cauliflower & Broccoli.. Or, Roasted Capsicum, Baby Spinach Leaves & Fetta!