Would everybody please make welcome Eileen from ET Speaks From Home who is has kindly shared this delicious recipe - Enjoy #IBS14
As a quick introduction, I was born and raised in Singapore and moved to UK almost 12 years ago. I have blogged since May 2012 about our family life and my children's modelling career. Now I have refocused to blog about Chinese culture and Asian food.
In Asia, rice and noodles is a staple food like potatoes in an English main meal. In our household, we love our rice and we have rice at least 4 days per week.
Today, I am delighted to share this meal with you. Chinese curry in the UK is very much different from Singapore. In Singapore, the curry is very hot and spicy while in UK, it is milder and sweeter. My husband and children were born in the UK and they are not used to my Singaporean food. Hence I don’t cook as much as spicy food for them.
- 500 g Dice Chicken breast
- 4 Carrot sliced in cube
- 4 Potatoes sliced in cube
- 1 Onion sliced in cube
- 1 Pepper sliced in cube
- Chinese Curry sauce
- 3 cups of Rice
- In a large pot, pour cooking oil (I used rapeseed oil) and stir fry the onion and chicken for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and potatoes into the pot and add 1400ml water to bring it to boil.
- Once the meat is tender, add the curry sauce and allow to simmer.
- Serve it with rice, fresh fruits and salad.