And, I am challenging you to be Gutsy too!
To take up the Challenge all you need to do is sponsor The Kids Menu and eat your fruit and veg
“23,000 Australians are diagnosed with GI cancer each year and 29 Australians die each day,” said Melissa Shishkin, Gutsy Challenge’s Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator.
With recent data showing that one in four Australian children are either overweight or obese, the Gutsy Challenge is a practical way to reduce this statistic and to reduce the risk of developing of gastro-intestinal cancers later in life.
“There is a direct link between poor diet and some GI cancers, so it is very important that we raise awareness of GI cancers and help children understand how important healthy eating is,” Melissa said. All funds raised support research to find better ways to treat GI cancer.
Sponsor The Kids Menu
Anyone generous enough to sponsor The Kids Menu will be in with a chance to WIN the grand prize from the Gutsy Challenge (the more money we can raise, the bigger this prize will be), and 5 generous sponsors will win a copies of The Kids Menu, Healthy Lunchbox Guide (e-book; see full completion terms below).
Healthy Lunchbox Guide
Prizes up for grabs from the Gutsy Challenge including ibike computers, iCute portable speakers and iBitz activity trackers and more – don’t forget your own child or school can register too.
Eat your Fruit and Veg
- Check out my tips on how to get kids to eat fruit and veg (here)
- Download a fruit and veg rewards chart (here) as a bit of positive reinforcement (if you register your own child you will get access to one via the Gutsy Challenge)
- Plan a menu: have a look through The Kids Menu recipe catalogues and plan your meals and snacks (here is a sample to help get you going; if you prefer an option with less cooking go for big salads sandwiches for lunch and a big side of steamed veggies at dinner, don’t forget fruit and veg snacks too)
- Get the kids involved with the menu plan too; let them choose meals and make snack suggestions, encourage them to choose a wide variety of fruit and veg at the supermarket
-Spread your veggie intake out across the day (it’s much easier than trying to cram them all into one meal)
- Try including some bean, chickpeas or lentils, these count as veggies too
Getting servings right
Gutsy Challenge T’s & C’s
The Kids Menu has registered as a participant in the Gutsy Challenge 2014 and will pass on any prizes awarded by the Gusty Challenge for the funds raised to one random winner who sponsors The Kids Menu. In addition, The Kids Menu will be randomly giving away 5 copies of The Healthy Lunchbox Guide to 5 other sponsors.
The Gutsy Challenge runs from March until the end of November each year. The Kids Menu will be collecting sponsorship during the month of May/June and will announce the winners of the prize draw once the prize has been finalized by the Gutsy Challenge. Winners will be notified by email and announced via Facebook by the end of June 2014. Prizes are only available to Australian residence. See The Kids Menu disclosure page for full terms.